Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:54:50 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "Arie Kachler" <akachler@telcom.net>
Cc:        <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BackupExec Unix Agent - Any Success?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arie Kachler" <akachler@telcom.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 11:40 AM

> I apologize, I meant user-defined shares.
> You define these in the Admin menu|user-defined shares.

OK, thanks.  I've defined the shares but am getting "a device specific
error occurred" when trying to connect to the shares and select files
to backup up.  I assume this is some sort of password/account issue?
I created an account on the FBSD box using the same name and password
as the account on the Win 2K box. From /etc/passwd:

backupservice:*:1004:1004:BackupExec
Account:/home/backupservice:/nonexistent

Next, I added the following to smb.conf and restarted Samba:

[root]
        comment = BlackLamb Root
        path=/
        vaild users = backupservice
        admin users = +wheel
        writeable = No

What else do I need to do to get this working?  FWIW, I can browse the
root share from Network Neighborhood on the Win2K box that runs BE
logged on as me where I have an account on the FBSD box that matches
my account on the Win2K box and I'm a member of the wheel group.

Anyway, whatever pointers you can give me will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

> Arie

Windows
> box as a
> > user-defined agent.
>
> I would like to try this as I already have Samba running.  How do I
go
> about creating a "user-defined agent"?  I'm not sure what it
involves
> and I don't see any reference to it in the BackupExec help files.
Can
> you point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew