Date:      Sun, 09 May 1999 20:45:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole Harrington <nicole@nmhtech.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP ANNOUNCES WORLD'S FASTEST WEBSERVER RUNNING Win2000

 hmmm...

   Nicole

      * HP ANNOUNCES WORLD'S FASTEST WEBSERVER RUNNING Win2000

Hewlett-Packard Company today announced the world's fastest Web-
server performance on the HP NetServer LXr 8000 system and the=20
first standard-benchmark data for a Beta Build W2K Advanced Server.=20

The SPECweb96(1) benchmark results demonstrate the fastest two-=20
and four-way throughput ever reported from any architecture or=20
any operating system. The HP NetServer LXr 8000(2) four-way system=20
recorded 12,969 Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) operations/s=20
and the two-way system recorded 8,163 HTTP operations/s.=20

"These results verify that the HP NetServer LXr 8000 system is the=20
fastest Web server in the world. Customers could see a 60 percent=20
throughput increase over NT 4.0," said Eileen O'Brien, marketing=20
manager for HP's Network Server Division. Full story at:
http://www.hp.com/pressrel/apr99/19apr99a.htm

                          | o_o  |__  ) )          =20
          nicole@nmhtech.com | http://www.webweaver.net/
webmistress@dangermouse.org  | http://www.dangermouse.org