Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:54:56 +0200
From:      Oliver Peter <hoschi@mouhaha.de>
To:        Vladimir <vladar@dcgroup.ru>
Cc:        Oliver Peter <hoschi@mouhaha.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: New kernel and jail

--wxDdMuZNg1r63Hyj

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:51:41AM +0400, Vladimir wrote:
> OP> On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 09:36:20AM +0400, Vladimir wrote:
> >> Hi all.
>=20
> OP> Hi Vladimir,
> =20
> >> I have FreeBSD 5.4 installed. There is a working jail.=20
> >> I am trying to rebuild a kernel to enable quota support. Therefore
> >> i?ve added "options QUOTA" to config file (all other options
> >> are from GENERIC). When booting with this new kernel jail does not
> >> start. When i issue at the command prompt:
> >> jail /opt/jails/www.myhost.ru/ www.myhost.ru xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /bin/sh
> >> i get:
> >> jail: jail: Invalid argument =20
> >>=20
> >> There is no messages in log files regarding jail.
> >> After rebooting with old kernel everything is normal.
>=20
> OP> I can not say much about your problem - but 5.4 is a little bit
> OP> outdated. Is it possible for you to make an update to a newer release?
> OP> 6.2 would be a good deal.
> OP> There are very cute rc-scripts to start/restart/stop your jail(s), to=
o.
>=20
> No, it is not possible :(
>=20
> Do i need to perform any actions with the jail when upgrading a kernel
> or the jail must work without any changes?

I think it depends on the changes you made to your kernel.
Usually it works without any problems for me.

I have no jails right here to check out QUOTA and jail under
6.2-RELEASE-p3 but maybe anotherone can help us there.

PS: Why it is not possible for you to make an update? :)

--=20
Oliver PETER, email: hoschi@mouhaha.de, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."

--wxDdMuZNg1r63Hyj

--wxDdMuZNg1r63Hyj--