Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 00:23:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        phrotos@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to change the shell?

Easy.  Build the port for bash.

  cd /usr/ports/shells/bash2
  make install

Then, use chsh to change you shell to /usr/local/bin/bash.
Be careful _not_ to change roots shell to bash, this is regarded as a
Bad Idea.

On Mon, 10 May 1999 phrotos@email.com wrote:

:Good Night
:
:First, I would like to congratulate all the freebsd staff because their an=
swer of my first question was so quickly. I didn=B4t see that in a few hour=
s I got a answer faster and other tech support of other operating system (l=
inux include). Now I have a new question for you FreeBSD guys, actually I n=
ow that FreeBSD use the tcsh that means the C shell. Like any Unix user, I =
like another shell which is the Bash shell of the unix standard, I would li=
ke to know if you can help me again. Please tell me how change from the C s=
hell to the Bash shell or tell me please how to change from C shell to anot=
her like the Bash shell.
:
:Thanks a lot for your help
:
:I will wait for your answer.
:
:
:FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com
:Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com
:
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
:
: