Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:47:50 -1000
From:      "Nighthawk" <night.hawk@gte.net>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, <Graham.Lillico@itnet.co.uk>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SSH

> As far as I know thats normal ..... every SSH login I've ever seen has
taken
> about 2 minutes

I have to disagree, I've never seen a properly working ssh login take
that long and I login daily to and from lowly 486 and pentium machines.
Perhaps you could post your question, any relevant details, plus a copy
of your ssh configuration files to the freebsd-questions list where
someone is more likely to be able to help you out.  I doubt the delay is
caused by the ssh configuration itself, but maybe someone in questions
could take a look and suggest what else might affect it.

Oh, and be sure to include your discovery that the login delay seems to
occur when you try to start additional sessions.

****
> *******
> > http://www.itnet.co.uk
> > http://www.itnet.co.uk/eb  -  Click here to see ITNET's ebusiness
> capabilities
> >
> > Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
> > not necessarily those of ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries. This
email
> > and any files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded
> > copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from
> > ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries, are confidential and solely for
the
> > use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
> > or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient,
be
> > advised that  you have received this email in error and that any use
> > is strictly prohibited.
> >
> > If you have received this email in error please notify ITNET
Customer