Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 10:47:52 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrom busy

At 12:01 08-05-01 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I have a 4.2-release system that all ways complains that the cdrom is busy.
>even after a reboot.
><snip>
>sphinx# mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /mnt/cdrom/
>cd9660: Device busy
>
>searching the mailing list someone sugjested :
>
>fstat | grep acd0 :
>
>sphinx# fstat | grep acd0
>sphinx#
>
>someone else sugjest it maybe copy cd's;
>
>I have tried copy and orig. cds?
>
>any ideas?
>----------------------------------
>E-Mail: Stephen Cimarelli <stephen@clari.net.au>
>Date: 08-May-01
>Time: 11:52:02
>ClariNet Internet Solutions
>+61 3 9486 0811
>www.clari.net.au

I hope someone can answer this question. I'm currently running
FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Tue May  1 16:43:50 ICT 2001.

Week before last, running one of the 4.3-RC versions I was able to mount
the CD-ROM but since updating I'm getting the "device busy" error message
again.

This has been an on-again off-again problem since December 2000.

Maybe I need to back up to 4.3-RELEASE?

--
Roger

You're only young once,