Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:56:51 -0800
From:      "Danny Yoo" <danny@vkpc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   D-Link 538TX not being detected?

I recently added a D-Link 538TX (Realtek 8139 chipset I think) to a fresh
install of 4.2. There is nothing wrong with the card, and the BIOS detects
it (it's a P133-based system, nothing special) fine. But when it boots there
is no detection of the card or anything?

Usually cards seem to be just plug and play, but this is the first time a
device hasn't worked for me. According to the compatibility list, Realtek
8139 are supported. Do I have to add a driver or module? This is the one
with PCI Bus Mastering and Wake-On-Lan -> I think someone also had problems
with it previously, but there was no course of resolution.

I tried to search around in archives and google but to no avail. Thanks for
any help.

Danny