Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 2009 23:29:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        matt@smiffytech.com
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some small networked box with FreeBSD support?

In message: <4AAC6ED0.5030702@smiffytech.com>
            Matthew Smith <matt@smiffytech.com> writes:
: Quoth Philip Mullis at 2009-09-13 11:11...
: > Have you looked at the alix pcengines boards? there amd geode based and you can get 3 port versions for around 110usd perhaps easier to get in your region than soekris.
:
: These look pretty cool - and cheap.
:
: I've been mucking around with some ancient PC104 SBCs, planning to get
: some sort of Flash FreeBSD installation so I can hook it into a GPS
: module and use it as a Stratum 1 NTP server.
:
: Might be a lot easier to use one of these instead - and as I need to
: track down a load of extra (and old fashioned) RAM, may not cost more
: either.
:
: Don't suppose anyone has a suitable disc image that will fit on a 4Gb CF
: card?  (Part of the reason I haven't got very far with this is the fact
: that getting FreeBSD to install in 4Gb seems more fiddly than I have the
: time for.)

FreeBSD installs into about 400MB w/o any tweaks at all.  so 4gb
should be child's play.

Warner