Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 08:15:53 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Branding project recommendations

Here's what we have so far.  Please, when replying to this message,
leave the message intact, and add your recommendation to the appropriate
list.  Thanks for your help.

Software category 1: (designed for)
	Netscape Navigator
	Applixware (once port is finished)
	Kaffe
	CheckPoint FireWall-1 and VPN-1 products (courtesy Nokia)

	Everything in the ports tree that doesn't need emulation,
	commercial or not.

Software category 2: (works with)
	Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 /linux
	Linux Netscape
	Linux Rvplayer
	Corel WordPerfect 7 for Linux

	Everything in the ports tree that needs emulation, commercial or
	not.

Hardware: (works with)
	Linksys EtherFast 10/100 NI card
	Some other Linksys cards are covered too, right?
	Emerging Technologies Cards work.. Even if we dont have source.
	  (All known well-supported ethernet cards, the more the merrier)

	Adaptec SCSI controllers (haven't they helped with drivers?)
	Diamond Fireport SCSI cards (someone said, Doug White I think,
	that they are helpful to people writing device drivers)
	  (Ditto for SCSI controllers)

	Video Cards that are supported by XFree86 (sure to invite
	commentary. This is a FAQ though. People want to know if some
	card "works with FreeBSD)
	  ATI cards (Mach64 & 3D Rage Pro) in my experience

	Can we add motherboards to this list?
	  Micronics :- Twister AT (Jumpered MB)
	  Legend QDI :- P51430TX-250 Titanium IB (Jumperless MB)
	  FIC/M-Tech R540 Mustang www.mtiusa.com
	  VTI P5ips  www.vextrec.com
	  Supermicro P6SBA
          Tseng Labs ET6000 SVGA card
	  Diamond Flower Inc. Motherboard G586IPV

	Hard Drives
	  Quantum Fireball HDs

Products with "FreeBSD Inside":
	Whistle InterJet
	Pluto SPACE Platform
	Vixie "Interceptor"
	Nokia VPN and Firewall routers:
	  VPN200, IP410, IP44 (more?)

Please reply ONLY to -advocacy, adding any more items to this list.
I'd like to roll this up as soon as we have some artwork.