Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:40:25 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivaylo Mateev <imateev@uos.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual Core Problems

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 01:35:38PM +0200, Ivaylo Mateev wrote:
>  SMP  compiled ???
>  UUpss I just looked in my kernel config file. .... SMP was commented .... I
>  tought I uncommented after I added it , but ..... so SMP is up and running,
>  but the ACPI Problem still exists.

Try setting one of these via sysctl {variable}=1 then using
shutdown -p now as instructed.

$ sysctl -d hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: Disable ACPI when rebooting/halting system
$ sysctl -d hw.acpi.handle_reboot
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: Use ACPI Reset Register to reboot

Likely one of these will help you.