Date:      10 Jun 2003 15:17:07 +0200
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
To:        "pkddeckard@ziplip.com" <pkddeckard@ziplip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Complete system restore software for FreeBSD?

--=-X5kWmj96MVIjBiPx6EZa

Am Mon, 2003-06-09 um 23.36 schrieb pkddeckard@ziplip.com:
> I have used the Mondo Rescue backup and restore system before
>  with my Linux machines with great success.  What Mondo allows=20
> one to do is a complete system backup and restore from a bootable=20
> CD, meaning a system can survive a harddrive failure without a
> whole lot of fiddling around in reconfiguring software and such. =20
> What I'm wondering is, is there similar software available for=20
> FreeBSD (preferably free)?
>=20
> For reference, more info on Mondo Rescue can be found here:
>=20
> http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/
=46rom the above pages:

FreeBSD users - Joshua Oreman has ported Mondo to FreeBSD. Click to
download his Mondo[1] and Mindi[2] packages. They are standard tarballs,
so just use tar xzf and gmake && gmake install to build them. We need
testers. The FreeBSD port is a work-in-progress, not a stable product
(yet). We'll keep you posted.

[1] http://www.get-linux.org/mondo-fbsd.tgz
[2] http://www.get-linux.org/mindi-fbsd.tgz

Did you try those already?