Date:      28 Jan 2002 21:42:27 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: longer range FreeBSD projects into stable

> Well, it's FreeBSD policy to only send messages to one list.

From "Rules of the road" at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html

    No posting should be made to more than 2 mailing lists, and only to
    2 when a clear and obvious need to post to both lists exists. For
    most lists, there is already a great deal of subscriber overlap and
    except for the most esoteric mixes (say "-stable & -scsi"), there
    really is no reason to post to more than one list at a time.

I wish I could remember important stuff as well as unimportant stuff!

Maybe the rule should change, but it seems to be a good compromise.