Date:      11 Oct 2004 17:26:54 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (OT) Emacs vs Xemacs

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:

> I know this is not BSD specific, but I just wanted to get your opinions.  I
> was wondering what might affect my decision which to use, other than
> licensing and (IIRC) the fancier font handling of Xemacs.

Both are licensed under the GPL, and the font handling is not
significantly different these days.  The "eXtended" features
that give Xemacs its name are only of interest to people who
program emacs heavily in LISP.

In other words, it's unlikely to matter to you.  Try them both
and pick whichever you like.