Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:07:22 +0800 (CST)
From:      Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@mail.trace.net.tw>
To:        Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage questions

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Bill Vermillion wrote:

> John A. Hengstler recently said:
> > I agree,   just remember the cardinal rules gentleman.
>
> >  Rule  #1.   The customer is always right.
> >  Rule  #2.   If the customer is wrong, refer to rule #1.
>
> > I don't care for frontpage as well, but since 99% of our customer
> > base is a microsoft environment, us ***UNIX*** guys have to mix
> > and match to please our customers!
>
> Doesn't it really depend on how many customers, real or pontential,
> want this.  If it's only a few then is it worth allocating your
> resources to cover them, or point the customer to someone else.
>
> Not every customer is worth having.   However once you commit to
> them you have to treat them as above, otherwise they go elsewhere
> and tell people how bad you are.

If the customer use frontpage just to create home pages, than it does not
bother, but as soon he starts to program than it bothers. So far I had
only one customer who really needed that, and this one asked everyday
another "feature", so that I almost worked only for him to program him
this parts in php3. After a while I refered him to competitors, ...

Now I have a frontpage free system again and can upgrade apache secure
again. No other customer of my 5400 need it now. However we will setup a
slow frontpage server with less RAM, and we charge for usage this one 20%
higher!