Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:43:30 -0700
From:      John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
To:        Ian Kettleborough <ian@idk.com>, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I need with ipfw to block this

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 23:45, Ian Kettleborough wrote:
> I need to block a complete site:
>
> xxx.1.0.0 thru xxx.100.255.255
>
> I undertand how to use ipfw but I need some help in figuring out this
> one?
>
> ipfw add xx deny ip from xxx.1.0.0/zz to any
>
> The zz is what I cannot figure out for this group of IP's.

This might be better on another list, since it's essentially a basic=20
networking question.  The port net/ipcalc is quite useful for questions=20
like these as well.

xxx.0.0.0/9 is the network xxx.0.0.0 through xxx.127.255.255

You can't get the exact range 1..100 without using multiple rules (or a s=
et=20
of match patterns if you're using ipfw2).

JN