Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:29:23 -0800
From:      Paul Bauer <paul@shorttermwhat.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ACPI + Compaq Armada m700

Hello, Last night I cvsupped from 4.6-STABLE to 5.0-CURRENT.  I do know
the risks of using -CURRENT.  Unfortunately I am having a problem with
ACPI on boot.

I have to issue the following to get the machine to boot
boot> unset acpi_load
boot> set boot_verbose=YES
boot> boot -v

then the usual fsck and mount commands.  I have read the acpi manpage
along with acpiconfig.  Unfortunately this didn't shed much light on
fixing this problem on a permanent basis.

Any comments, even read this ... would be greatly appreciated.  If need
be I would even volunteer to document some of the information to help
fulfill PR43528

With little guidance I could provide the necessary debugging info.

Thank you for your time,
Paul