Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:29:41 -0700
From:      William Bloom <wbloom@eldocomp.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WINE on FreeBSD

After having installed wine on FreeBSD and used it successfully for some=20
applications, I've found that it would be useful to run an application that=20
needs a network connection to elsewhere on the network.  It is not apparent =
to=20
me how I would go about configuring TCP/IP in wine, and I've not found anyth=
ing=20
at winehq.com that explains this.  I've tried adding entries to system.reg f=
or=20
TCP/IP but these are ineffective.  Yet I read postings elsewhere from people=
 who=20
have done this successfully on Linux, and even a few postings from people wh=
o=20
have done successfully with FreeBSD in the past (although the technique for=20
doing so was unmentioned).

Can someone suggest a resource/how-to that would educate me on how to do thi=
s=20
for FreeBSD?

For reference, any attempt to use ipconfig gets these messages...

fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x0 0 0x33fbd4),stub!
fixme:win:GetThreadDesktop (9): stub
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x0 0 0x33fbd8),stub!
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x159c38 0 0x33fbd4),stub!
fixme:user:GetUserObjectInformationW (0x1 2 0x159c38 0 0x33fbd8),stub!
fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info not properly supported =
on=20
this platform
err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward=20
'AdvApi32.WmiNotificationRegistrationW' used by=20
L"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\WMI.dll". If you are using builtin L"WMI.dll", try=20
using the native one instead.

...and any attempt to ping gets a wine debugger after the following messages=

fixme:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException call (from 0x1001949) to unimplemented funct=
ion=20
KERNEL32.dll.SetThreadUILanguage
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000b), starting debugger...

I did take the suggestion mentioned above from the error message (I specifie=
d=20
'builtin' for WMI.dll), but this had no effect.  My wine version is 20050419=
.

Bill
--=20
William Bloom <wbloom@eldocomp.com> (602) 604-3100
Eldorado Computing, Inc.  5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
Phoenix, Az 85016  http://www.eldocomp.com

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this=A0e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or it=
s Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to whic=
h it is addressed, and may contain information that is=A0privileged, confide=
ntial or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the int=
ended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you witho=
ut proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this =
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please noti=
fy us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete this mail from your r=
ecords.