Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:36:24 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stopping / removing vinum segments

I'm a little confused here ... you state below that the system is idle
and wrong.
First off, is the system mounted? (/dev/vinum/mirror) If so, it's
certainly not idle. If you want to undo a vinum mirror that's got data
on it, you'll probably have to do a dump/redstore - unless somebody
knows how to convert a vinum volume to a FFS volume.
If it doesn't have any data on it that you're worried about, just do a
"resetconfig". Doing so won't affect any non-vinum partitions.
(regardless of what you do, I'd dump any important data first) I guess
I'm pretty confused as to what's going on here. Can you send the output
of "vinum lv -r" so we can see how everything is put together? And where
is it mounted? I'm not clear on that.

-Bill

--
If a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,
then what can I get for two hands in the bush?