Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:05:54 -0400
From:      Jordi YC <jordi_yc@lycos.es>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony Vaio's PCMCIA?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone in the list has a Sony r505 (or similar model)
running either CURRENT or STABLE.

I am running CURRENT with OLDCARD instead of the NEWCARD code.

#dmesg | grep pcic output:

pcic0: <Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 2.0 on pci1
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0xf4100000
pcic0: Polling mode
pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0

#ls | grep card output:
card0

#Kernel config file has
device          card
device	  pcic

Now, when I try to insert a US Robotics 2410 nothing happens.

I need to power on the slot manually.
Then,

#pccardc power 0 1
beeps oncee and then freeze the system.

Well, is there anthing I can do to troubleshoot this?

Should I use NEWCARD instead of OLDCARD? I tried using pccbb,pccard, and or
without cardbus devices without success. It did not recognized the pccard (?)

TIA