Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:00:52 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1z=A4=40=A9w=ADn=A5=CE=C0=F4=ABO=A5R=B9q=B9q= A6=C0?=

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

> Andrew McNaughton wrote:
>
> > So where does one go I wonder with a security issue if one speaks
> > taiwanese but not english?
>
> Andrew raises a valid question here.  Ideally, we'd have an assistant,
> or "national" security officer for each of the "officially" supported
> languages, who can also communicate effectively in (written, at least)
> english.
>
> So, which languages are you going to step up to support, Andrew?

I don't understand more than a smattering of any non-programming languages
other than English.  It would be nice to have contact people for various
languages, but this would never be comprehensive.  Personally though I
think if it's important it's better posted in a language most don't
understand than not posted at all.  If it's important then there's a fair
chance someone will translate it for the benefit of others.

Any mailing list I read is going to carry some proportion of stuff which
for one reason or another I don't understand.  I don't see that flaming
the authors of those posts as being an appropriate response.  That goes
doubly for sending the flames to the list.  The flames bugged me a lot
more than the original post, and there were many more of them.

Andrew McNaughton