Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 22:07:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        Tim Moony <timm@uniqsite.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Size of all files

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Tim Moony wrote:

=>Sorry if this question is stupid.

The only stupid question is the one unasked...  (imnsho)

=>Which command can tell me the total size of all files in a directory tree?

I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly, but I have a script and
awk file which give me something like what you are asking for.

----- hmr script -----
#!/bin/csh -f
# Get a listing (using ls -AlR) and pass it into hmr.awk
ls -AlR $* | awk -f $0.awk
----- end of hmr script

----- hmr.awk script -----
# Add up the size of each file information passed in (in ls -l format)
# and report the number of items and total size of all items combined.
BEGIN {
  cnt = 0
  tot = 0
}