Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:50:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MAKEOBJDIR

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Chuck Robey wrote:

> This is the kind of thing I normally look into the mailing list archives
> for, but since they're down now ...
>
> Does anyone know where there's a good explanation of how make uses
> MAKEOBJDIR and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?  They're listed as being respected by
> make in the man page, but it doesn't say why.  I'm trying to understand
> how it's used in older systems and current systems, and not able to follow
> it yet.  Something is done via bsd.obj.mk that I can't see (because of
> make's special relationship with those two).

Replying to my own message... I was working on an old 2.2.2 system, when I
got home and checked the current man pages, there it was, nice as you
please.  Sorry to bother folks.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.