Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 12:44:36 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems on suspend/resume on ThinkPad X20

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 09:57:38AM -0400, Mark Evenson wrote:
> Not so much with the "suspend" part which seems to work fine, but on a
> ThinkPad X20, the "resume" part of apm always fails:  the machine powers
> up, displays whatever was previously displayed on the video console and
> then promptly freezes forcing a manual shutdown with the old "boot -s" and
> fsck scenario.
>
> This machine is running -STABLE (as of 20010528) with the following line
> for apm in the kernel:
>
>         device          apm0    at nexus? flags 0x20

Works for me, ThankPad X20 FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE, with or without apmd,
``device apm0 at nexus? flags 0x20''.

[snip]
> BIOS is 2.07 (the latest 2.12 does not work with only a FreeBSD partition.
> Jacques Virdine has filed bug # 16650354 with IBM to request a fix to the
> latest BIOS which I "me too"'d when I dealt with IBM a month ago).

Good, thanks!  I'm still runing 2.07, BTW.

> I've trashed the FreeBSD install twice in the last month (stupid user
> errors), but the resume was working sometime in the last month.  Perhaps
> with the 2.12 BIOS when I still had a Windows 98 parition, but I really
> have no way of knowing what is "different" (again stupid user tricks).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Would more verbose output from something be helpful?

Hrm,  I wish  I had  some  suggestions, but  I don't.   It has  ``just
worked'' for me.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org