Date:      Sat, 5 Mar 2016 13:38:54 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crontab is not working

--arhQnepG9NbS0vjtvdXB0hdelHQAwChvh
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--1rrMW9wv6Cql39EJ45aNlBbldXTm1dp5i

On 05/03/2016 04:33, gahn via freebsd-questions wrote:
> yes i did remove that "root", but it still a no go. nothing happened.
> run that script manually with "bash /root/snmpwalk.sh" with no
> issues. i am puzzled.

You're expecting the output of that SNMP walk to be mailed back to you?
 Check /var/log/maillog to see if there's any attempt to send e-mail out
of cron.  Check (via mailq and 'mailq -Ac') to see if the message is
stuck in the mail queue somewhere.  Examine the files in /var/mail to
see if the message was delivered to a different user mailbox than you
were expecting.

You can add a line at the top of your crontab to ensure email is sent to
a specific address, like so:

MAILTO=3Dipfreak@yahoo.com

	Cheers,

	Matthew