Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:17:03 -0700
From:      "Ross Potts, CON, EDS/D-SIDDOMS" <rpotts@med.osd.mil>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X-Terminal Setup

My team is using NCD X-Terminals.  Our Net Admins have decided to switch all of
us over to ATM.  This is requiring us to change IPs.  The problem we are having
is that when we set the information needed in the X-Terminals, then save to
NVRAM, they don't seem to be reading the info.  Once the graphic screen comes
up, when I go into setup and look at the IP addressing, for instance, the old
router is listed.  The information has been saved in /etc/bootptab.  Is there
somewhere else I should be looking?  Can someone explaing to me how X works in
this regard?  I thought that once the addressing was saved into memory, that it
would override everything else.  It seems to be getting overridden from another
server.

Sorry, but that's about all I can give you.

--
Potts, Ross A.		    Internet : Ross.Potts@med.osd.mil
EDS-D/SIDDOMS		    Phone    : (703) 824-7601