Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 22:28:17 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Rune Mossige" <r.mossige@sensewave.com>
Cc:        heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS A7V and promise problems, SOLVED

The UHCI driver (at least) is very fragile in the presence of interrupts
it's not expecting, or if the hardware is not behaving exactly as
predicted (eg. it hasn't been initialised by the BIOS properly).

In the general case, interrupt sharing between those two devices should
actually work, and for your other (PCI) devices, you shouldn't have any
problems with shared interrupts.