Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:55:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Sanjeev Kumar.S" <sanjeevfiles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   couldn't establish connection to remote target: kgdb

Hi,
     I'm facing an issue of not being able to connect to the target from the
host on i386 on 6.2-RELEASE. I get a "Couldn't establish connection
to remote target", everytime.

1) Yes, both the baud on source and sink is 9600, confirmed doing a tty -a -f /dev/cuad0.
2) and /etc/ttys has ttyd0 and ttyd1 both turned off for getty.
3) i even did a cat < /dev/cuad0 and echo hello < /dev/cuad0. and I get
    the characters on the other side correctly.

configured kernel with GDB, KDB, DDB. and started kgdb like this
kgdb -r /dev/cuad0 kernel.debug. and I get :
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
malformed response to  offset query, timeout.

Can some-one, a hacker will have encountered such situations, please
answer my dilemma.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.