Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:30:59 +0400
From:      Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP]: sdl port will be updated

--Sig_G1q9kzDP6Vqf9ZHxF3mEv.V

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:56:50 +0400
Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@mail.ru> mentioned:

> * Stanislav Sedov (ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru) wrote:
>=20
> Seems like SDL ports were updated before freeze after all :)

Yup. We had an additional time before the freeze to test this.

> Right now, I've ran into a problem when upgrading SDL_net, so meybe
> there's bug that should be fixed.
>=20
> The problem is that linking SDL_net failed with complain from libtool
> that it can't find /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.1.la (of course SDL itself
> was already updated, so there was no such file). It turned out that
> for some reason libtool looked into /usr/local/lib/libGUI.la, that had
> libSDL-1.1.la reference. That file belonged to graphics/guilib port,
> after deinstalling which, sdl-net was built without errors.
>=20
> Maybe there's bug somewhere around sdl-net build system. This:
>=20
> post-configure:
> 	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e \
>                 's|^deplibs_check_method=3D.*|deplibs_check_method=3Dpass=
_all|' \
>                         ${WRKSRC}/libtool
>=20
> seem suspicious for me. No problems were encountered with other sdl_*
> ports.
>=20

No, it's not a bug in the building system. As we renamed the library itself
all dependent ports should be updated as well. That's why we've bumped up
portrevisions for all dependent ports. Programs like portupgrade should
do their work well.

Thanks for attention.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov              <stas@FreeBSD.org>          [[=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=