Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:47:38 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        "Rosenberg, Alex" <alex_rosenberg@playstation.sony.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook and PS3

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Rosenberg, Alex
<alex_rosenberg@playstation.sony.com> wrote:
> A [highly intelligent] post on /. lead me to this page: <http://www.freeb=
sd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/nutshell.html#introduction-nutshe=
ll-users>.

> I need to offer a minor correction to that document.
>
> PS3 was not based on FreeBSD. PS4 certainly is, but not PS3. Select piece=
s of open source of all kinds are used in the PS3 and were properly cited t=
o comply with the license, so while there are pieces from FreeBSD, but it's=
 far from "running a modified version of..."

I fixed this in r43340 which should show up on the website shortly.

> I'd submit a formal patch, but DocBook frightens and confuses me.

As it should :-)

--=20
Eitan Adler