Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:48:26 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        cvs-committers@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just some more IPv6 related updates

Hello,

Sorry in this very last stage but I would like to add some
more updates related IPv6 if it is permissible.

They are basic commands so I very much hope them to be IPv6
capable from the beginning.  If committing all of them is not
permissible, then please allow only some of them.  The
priority is,

 (1)telnetd under src/crypto
      IPv6 updates for src/libexec/telnetd is already committed,
      so it is unbalance that crypto version is not IPv6 capable.
 (2)usr.bin/telnet and src/crypto/telnet/telnet
      telnetd is already IPv6 capable, so it is unbalance
      that telnet is not IPv6 capable.
 (3)usr.bin/ftp and libexec/ftpd
      This is also very common tool, so maybe this should be
      IPv6 capable from the beginning.
 (4)usr.sbin/faithd
      This is IPv6 --> IPv4 translation daemon.
      This is useful tool in this early stage, but maybe not so
      important as above ones.

Make world check is done, and as far as I tested them, they
seems to be working well.
Mainly, address related processings are much changed because
gethostbyname() and etc is changed to getaddrinfo() and etc.
As far as I checked,
  telnet -s option worked for IPv4 and IPv6.
  telnet source routing worked for IPv4 and IPv6.
  new command LPRT, EPRT is added to ftp
    old ftp client -> new ftp server is ok (passive is also ok)
    new ftp client -> old ftp server is ok (passive is also ok)
 /etc/ftphosts worked for IPv4 and IPv6

Here is the patches,

http://www.freebsd.org/~shin/tcp-apps2.20000127
http://paradise.kame.net/v6proxy/diana2/shin/work/freebsd/tcp-apps2.20000127

If someone think all of them is not permissible, but some of
(1)->(4) could be, please give me the opinion.

Thanks,
Yoshinobu Inoue