Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 05:09:33 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        yves@CC.McGill.CA, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: SDL cards

> My problem is related to my mbone tunnel . It tends to crash the
> Ascend Pipeline 400 or knock everyone else off the network.
> I am so pissed off about it that I am pacing back and forth thinking about
> other alternatives .

Ach so!  That's interesting.  So you want your ISP to go to a
different solution on their end to talk to your PL50.  It would indeed
be _very very_ interesting to verify that a FreeBSD box with the
Riscom PRI card could be an acceptable substitute for an Ascend 400!
Quite a few people would sit up and take notice of that.. :-)

AFAIK, no one is working on this exactly problem.  Unless I miss my
guess, John Hay is going to be working on the vanilla N2 boards which
are simply aimed at T1/E1 users with no complex signaling or incoming
ISDN phone calls as issues to deal with.  This sounds like a slightly
different project, and one we should approach SDL again with assuming
that a) I'm not missing my guess and b) we can find someone interested
in doing the project.

					Jordan