Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:29:35 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        "Herbert J. Skuhra" <hskuhra@eumx.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1-RELEASE is out - is there any hope for an actual graphics/gimp-app?

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM, ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 February 2013 16:20:33 Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:54:20 +0100
>>
>> Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap@gmx.de> wrote:
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > almost one year after gimp release 2.8 there ist still the old gimp 2.6
>> > in ports.
>>
>> There is MarcusCom CVS Repository:
>>
>> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/
>>
>> The ports repo has gtk+-3.6.4 and gimp-2.8.2.
>>
>> No idea, if there are plans to merge this and when. Maybe you should
>> ask gnome@?
>
> I don't know if is helpful: I am using Linux live ArtsX dvd and GIMP works
> very good. There is GIMP 2.8.2 on OpenBSD and on live cd:;
> http://livecdgraphics.sourceforge.net/
> But GIMP for FreeBSD I don't know and I didn't fing any information.

As ajtiM suggests, @gnome is the place to look. Several threads on this.

It, along with the whole of Gnome, were planned to be updated when 9.1
was released, but the loss of pointyhat and the complexity of the
update of Gnome with potential impact on literally hundreds of ports
has forced a delay. It would be extremely unwise to do this without
the level of testing pointyhat allows.

Now that the FreeBSD cluster and support systems are finally coming
back on-line, maybe it is getting closer, but I suspect that the
testing and required adjustments will take a while after pointyhat is
running.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com