Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:07:26 -0700
From:      Kavitha H Yogaraj <ykavitha@uw.edu>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Heiner_Strau=DF?= <heiner_ej@yahoo.de>,  Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD java installation help!

Thanks for the reply,

I'm following these steps from this site
http://haulynjason.net/weblog/2012/10/install-opnejdk7-on-freebsd/#comment-=
6055

I can=92t see Edit folder in my openJdk7 folder when I unzip it from this
URL.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.1-release//java/op=
enjdk-7.9.05_1.tbz

Could you please help me where to find this make.conf file?

When I use this command pkg_add -r openjdk7
I get this error
Error: Unable to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.0-release/Latest/o=
penjdk7.tbz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch '
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.0-release/Latest/o=
penjdk7.tbz'
by URL

And then, when I try to mention the site name

PACKAGESITE=3D
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-stable/ftp://ftp.fr=
eebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.1-release//java/openjdk-7.9.05=
_1.tbz
I again get invalid command error.

Could you please help me in installing java in FreeBSD?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Heiner Strau=DF <heiner_ej@yahoo.de> wrote=
:

> Am 19.06.2013 um 21:28 schrieb Kavitha H Yogaraj <ykavitha@uw.edu>:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm a newbie to FreeBSD, have no idea how to install java in FreeBSD OS=
.
> > In the resources available online, its said that fresh ports need to be
> > used, some other also say that it didn't worked.
> >

> Hi,
> you only need to compile and install the right port. For JDK 6 it is
> openjdk6, it will work. Please proceed as described in the handbook. Don'=
> use parallel make jobs, it will fail with openjdk.
>
> > Could you please help me out in installing Java -headless (X11) in
> FreeBsd?
> >

> Building headless is an art of its own, you have to ask the openjdk
> people, it is not supported through the FreeBSD port system at the moment=
,
> at least not for JDK6. Maybe it is easier to build headless with JDK 7.
> Please inform us if you find a solution for headless, I'm very interested=
.
> Greetings.
>
> --
>
> Heiner Strau=DF