Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 18:06:48 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Well, let's put it this way: We have a fair bit of space on the CDROM
> and so I see no problem with including SEVERAL browsers from a "pick a
> browser" menu.  If the user doesn't like one, they can always go back
> and chose another.

    But including what is clearly beta software on a public release
(especially a CD-ROM release!) rubs me the wrong way.  There should be
at least a warning printed during the installation that Arena may fail
in several areas because of its unfinished state.  It is still rather
rough around the edges and can crash for no apparent reason.  I don't
want people to associate this with FreeBSD itself.  Put up a
disclaimer, or a pointer to an FTP site where someone, on their own
time, can retrieve Arena.

> I still think it's sexy enough to include.

    Yes, this much I agree with.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org