Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:39:28 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Any newer code for netbooting PC's?

I vaguely remember a few articles go by in the past few months which
had to do with improved support for netbooting.  I thought I saved
the messages away, but I can't find them now even though I've tried
several likely searches of the mailing-list archives.

I *think* they had to do with the situation where you have boot-rom's
on a PC, and then they can connect to some server to download the
entire system image to disk (at least, that's what I am interested
in).  Anyone remember any work going on in that area?

The goal here is to have a lab of PC's, and let users boot into
different operating systems (if they don't mind waiting a bit
for the new system image to be built), so it's not the same thing
as simple boot loaders like booteasy, PowerBoot, or System Commander.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute