Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:51:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   TCL/TK:How to pop-up a windows before end of prog

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know how to do this trick: I want to make
a little tcl/tk program that will ping some machine
and show the result (if the machine is there or not)
in a graphical window so that I can show the machine
which are there in a certain color and a certain set
of caractere. But I want to see them appear in that
windows immediately when the ping command is done. But
the way I do it, the program ping all the machine and
the result appear only when the progam is done. Is
there a way to make the window appear immediately when
the first machine is found and that the user can see
the line appear in the screen of that window. In one
word, I want to make it in real-time and see the
output immediately on a newline each time a ping is
done, not to see all the ping at the end when the
program have tried them all. (Presently, I'm doing a
"$t insert end "result of the ping = $var_ping" to
make the result appear in my graphical window).

Thanks

Eric Boucher