Date:      Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:00:43 -0500
From:      Depo Catcher <depocatcher@gmail.com>
To:        Charles Richards <richardsc@gmail.com>
Cc:        Freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lightweight Chat client/server?

Thanks.  I guess I should started with that first.  It's a nice program,
so if I can reduce it's load a bit that would be great.

I tried setting Xmx to 16M and removed the '-server' from the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/openfire script
     openfire_javargs="-Xmx16M"

ps shows that it took the setting:
      /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java -jar -Xmx16M
-Dopenfire.lib.dir=/usr/local/share/java/classes
-DopenfireHome=/usr/local/shar

 From top:
     40724 openfire     13  20    0   214M 70336K kserel 0   0:24  0.89%
java
Top still shows it 214M Size with ~70M Res

That's better, but still seems a bit much.  Not sure why it's still
allocating that, I guess it might be native libs or something?

We all spammed a bunch of text to each other (a ton more than normal
usage) and still it works fine.  Any way to get it down more?