Date:      05 Dec 2001 11:43:34 -0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <H@Schmalzbauer.de>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: serious gx (pro/1000-T) problem with nfs

Am Mi , 2001-12-05 um 13.28 schrieb Danny Braniss:
> > Hello,
> >
> > when I try to write to nfs_mounted directories via the gx interface, the
> > process hangs. Then the link is dead, no commands work anymore (umount,
> > ls) only reboot helps.
> >
> > I use 4.4-stable from 26.11.01.
> >
> > My card is a Intel pro/1000-T.
> >
> > If I change the interface to the onboard fxp everything works fine.
> > Also READING with the GX works fine. (up to 20MByte/s)
> > Even ftp get AND put works fine. (up to 26MByte/s)
> >
> > I saw that there was a commit regarding vlan. I think this won't solve
> > my problem.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Can I give you more useful info? It's a production server but at
> > nighttime (germany, UTC -1) I can do some tests. Card works on
> > 64-Bit/66MHz, opposite side is a GA640 (Tigeon), Switch is a 3com 9100.
> >
> i had similar problems with the XP (or is it XT). over the weekend some
> fixes to the tcp stack were done, so i'd suggest an update.
> if it stil doesn't work, you can try intel's em driver, it's in dev/em
> (works fine by me)

Unfortunately this is a production server, so I can't test -current. I
don't think this is tcp (ip) stack related. fxp works fine. What's the
difference between em and gx? I remember Archie Cobbs beeing working
hard on the wx driver, but this has gone now.

Could anyone enlighten me regarding Intel GigaBit support?

Thanks,

-Harry