Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:50:54 +0200
From:      Yuri Khotyaintsev <yuri@irfu.se>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Huang wen hui <hwh@gddsn.org.cn>
Subject:   Re: Help: Install JDK 1.5 on FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64

On Monday 24 October 2005 02.41, Huang wen hui wrote:
> Tanya N kessler wrote:
> >O.K., I did a totally fresh install of FreeBSD 5.4 on
> >AMD64.  Updated CVS with the stable verison 5.x.  Did
> >a portupgrade of all src and port.  Built and
> >installed a kernel w/COMPAT_LINUX32 support.  Added
> >linprocfs to my fstab.  Built and installed
> >linux-sun-jdk14.  Then I go to build native jdk15 and
> >I still get the same error.  javac is executable by
> >user, group, and others.  I'm not sure how to tell if
> >the VM loads O.K. from linprocfs.  All I know is that
> >I just switched to FreeBSD.  I like a lot, but I can't
> >seem to get native java work.  Will someone please
> >tell me what I am doing wrong...
>
> try to use native jdk1.4.2 as bootstrapper. Of cause you need
> COMPAT_IA32 and lib32 options. I succeeded to install jdk1.5.0-p1 on 5.4R.

As far as I remember, jdk14/i386 will not work on amd64. One should use lin=
ux=20
jdk.

Is linprocfs mounted?

[root@hq][/home/yuri]# mount|grep linux
linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)

Can you run /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java -version ?

=2D-=20
Yuri Khotyaintsev
Institutet f=F6r rymdfysik (IRF), Uppsala