Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 1980 19:23:12 +0000
From:      luiz@mirage.nlink.com.br (Luiz Neto)
To:        Freebsd-ISP@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-Hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comtrol Rocketports.

I have two Comtrol Rocketports running on my ISP on a Linux machine.
Our Services Server ( news,mail,www,etc ) is FreeBSD.
I am tired of having to re-configure, recompile, reboot the Linux
because of crashes, locks, kernel panics, etc.
One month ago the system was locking up the serial ports almost once a day.

FreeBSD looked for me as a very very much stabler system than linux.
I can't understand how comtrol did not made a driver for Rocketport under
FreeBSD. I have talked to a guy from comtrol and he said that they do not
have plans on supporting another Free operating system, as their experience
with linux was a disaster. ( They did one for BSDi and i think it would be
very easy to port it to FreeBSD )

Anyone already did a driver for this board for FreeBSD?
How about all of we concerned about this problem make a flood of messages
to the comtrol guys? Maybe we can convince they on making the driver for
such a good System like FreeBSD?

Regards,
Luiz de Barros Oliveira Neto
Netlink Internet Services.