Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2009 06:20:04 GMT
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/136129: multimedia/kbtv won't build & install on 7.2

The following reply was made to PR ports/136129; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 01:13:20 -0500

 ----- Forwarded message from Danny Pansters <danny@sauna-joe.nl> -----

 From: Danny Pansters <danny@sauna-joe.nl>
 To: freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org

 This is due to some api changes in FreeBSD 7+. It's fixed in kbtv2 which you
 can find on my website http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv2 (uses Qt4 and there are
 ports for all the parts/drivers). The fix is trivial, but kbtv1 was meant to
 expire last year, unfortunately kbtv2 never made it into ports and currently I
 have very little time and I'm not able to use a tv card in my new desktop box
 (draws too much power which leads to parity problems with its RAM). I couldn't
 even get it to run here (FBSD 7.2 with kde4). I'm really sorry about this.

 Edwin, can you please mark kbtv1 BROKEN for FreeBSD >= 7 and put an EXPIRE on
 the port?

 Thanks,

 Dan

 ----- End forwarded message -----