Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:24:21 -0800
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        shazeja@cs.vu.nl, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI 802.11b recommendations?

"M. Warner Losh" wrote:

> In message: <Pine.GSO.4.40.0201241553580.5643-100000@sloep41.cs.vu.nl>
>             Sven Hazejager <shazeja@cs.vu.nl> writes:
> : 3Com AirConnect Wireless Ethernet PCI
>
> I've never got this to work, not have I had success reports from the
> field.
>
> : Intel Pro Wireless 2011 PCI
>
> My brother uses this.
>
> : Netgear Wireless PCI MA301GE (the cheapest at EUR 59)
>
> Are you sure you get a netcard with that :-)

The MA301 requires the MA401 wireless card.   But is is cheaper than
most, being a single pccard adapter.  Question is, does this PCI-PCCARD
bridge work with FreeBSD?  There's a reason it's cheap, too -- it isn't
meant for insertion and removal, there are no guide rails, etc.  It's
for putting in your box and forgetting. ;-)

Amazon.com prices

	MA301	USD 45.99	EUR 59.79
	MA401	USD 74.95	EUR 97.44
                    120.94	   157.22