Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:12:48 +0800
From:      Julius Huang <juliushuang@gmail.com>
To:        Freebsd Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: removing external usb hdd without unmounting causes reboot?

Hi,

How Mac OS X handle this?  Method, tricks, code, etc...

Does Linux reboot when this happen?

One can argue the kernel is so different between OS X, Linux and FBSD,
but it is still better to compare WIN vs FBSD (or NTFS vs UFS).

Or may be I am wrong.

BTW,
I hardly ever put a USB Disk on our FBSD Servers,
but never had problem disconnect USB/Firewire Disk on my Powerbook.

Julius