Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:57:08 -0000
From:      Peter Landy <Peter.Landy@halliburton.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with Floppy install

I am having a problem with a floppy install of FreeBSD 2.2.5. I have to
install from floppy in this case. I have copied all the files under the
/bin directory on the ftp site and have my boot floppy. All goes well
until it asks what package I want. For instance I choose minimum, then
it asks for a floppy to be inserted. When I insert the floppy it looks
at it and gives me the following message.

"Couldn't extract the following distributions. This may be because they
were not available on the installation media you've chosen.

bin"

the installation then quits. The floppy has been formatted under DOS and
the files downloaded in BIN mode. I have copied the files onto floppy as
so.

a:\bin\bin.aa
a:\bin\bin.ab
a:\bin\bin.ac