Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:52:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Lars Kristiansen" <lars+lister.freebsd@adventuras.no>
To:        "Rob" <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Swapfile problem in 6?

> Lars Kristiansen wrote:
>  >
>  > Hello again, I am the "me too"-guy with console-access.
>
>  Hi Lars,
>
>  I'm the one who started this thread, when I could not compile a new
>  kernel after I upgraded to 6 (Pentium-1, 150 MHz, 32 MB Ram).
>
>  How do you trigger the deadlock?
>
>  The only way I know of how to trigger the deadlock, is to compile
>  a new kernel and the 'linking kernel' stage will lock-up the PC.
>  With a regular kernel, this takes 2.5 hours until deadlock, but with
>  a fully equipped debug kernel it takes about 8 hours....
>
>  If you have a different (and possibly quicker) way to trigger the
> deadlock,
>  I would like to try that also on my system.
>  Please let me know.

Hi Rob!
swapoff all other swap than md0,
 which is on the same disk as busy filesystems. Then I run for example:
nice +19 portupgrade -frbWp libtool

Did you see the debug-output I posted?
Did those tell you anything? I do not understand those things.
But I do have the debugscreen open after a crash if you want me too run
anything.

Just glad if I can be of help.
--
Lars