Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:31:07 -0400
From:      "W.Tintemann" <113726.2410@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD support <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   User PPP connection to CompuServe

Under version 2.1.5 I was able ( lucky ? ) to ppp to CompuServe.

When I tried it today I was not able to login anymore.
I started ppp from an xterm window and then gave the  term-command.
at-command resulted in OK. Then I dialed entering atdt1234567
( only an example ) resulting in CONNECT. Now I hit ENTER and
got unreadable results : instead of normal string "Host Name:" the
result contained some sort of spanish/french/... characters. Also
when I tried to enter the normal host name CIS the C was an A with
the curl-symbol above it ( can't enter it here ).

When I leave ppp all works okay with the german keyboard.
Same phenomenon when I work from the console.