Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marius <marius@mail.communityconnect.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /usr/ports/airport (fwd)

Trying just one more time here, just in case it was passed over be someone
who could answer it last time.  Please cc any ansqwer to me, as I am not
on the list.

Anybody here have luck with using java port of the Mac airport-base admin
tool?

Can't quite get this port to work.  I have the lastest sources and ports
available, as well as the dependencies:
airport-1.3
unzip-5.42
jdk-1.1.8
jfc-1.1.1
javavmwrapper-1.1

compat3.x is installed.  I downloaded and made JFC/Swing 1.1.1 by hand as
the instructions said.  Yet when I run it:

>milux# /usr/local/bin/airport
>-cp: illegal argument
>Usage: java_X [-options] class
>
>where options include:
>    -help             print out this message
>    -version          print out the build version
>    -v -verbose       turn on verbose mode
>    -debug            enable remote JAVA debugging
>    -noasyncgc        don't allow asynchronous garbage collection
>    -verbosegc        print a message when garbage collection occurs
>   -noclassgc        disable class garbage collection
>    -cs -checksource  check if source is newer when loading classes
>    -ss<number>       set the maximum native stack size for any thread
>    -oss<number>      set the maximum Java stack size for any thread
>   -ms<number>       set the initial Java heap size
>    -mx<number>       set the maximum Java heap size
>    -D<name>=<value>  set a system property
>    -classpath <directories separated by colons>
>                      list directories in which to look for classes
>    -prof[:<file>]    output profiling data to ./java.prof or ./<file>
>    -verify           verify all classes when read in
>    -verifyremote     verify classes read in over the network [default]
>    -noverify         do not verify any class

Right, I see what the error is.  /usr/local/bin/airport is simply a shell
script:  (forgive the long line here, I broke it up where I could.)

exec /usr/local/bin/javavm -cp \
"/usr/local/share/java/classes/jfc-1.1.1/swingall.jar:/usr/local/share/airport/AirportBaseStationConfig.jar" \
AirportBaseStationConfigurator

Either the port is wrong or I am missing something really obvious.  Anyone
have a clue?

-Marius M. Rex
marius@mail.communityconnect.com