Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:47:33 -0500
From:      YepItzMe <stodolsk_REMOVE_THIS@symbol.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installed and can't mount root

I've successfully installed FreeBSD with the User + XWindows
installation profile and set my machine up as a basic workstation (ie:
no server, no PPP, no nothing!) just wanted to get the machine up and
running as a X Windows machine and started learning.  I did (I think)
everything right as far as seting up the partition, ( accept defaults
for directory structure because I had the room), video card installed
fine, mouse, time zone, root password -- everything!  When I re-booted
all the hardware was being recognized and then I see a message that
looks something like "Intel at F00F" -- I'm not sure of the exact
message but it definintely did not appear as an error, and then the next
line reads "panic can not mount root". Then I see a message syncing
disks and then Automatic re-boot in 15 seconds press a key on console...

Any ideas?

Please forgive me if this is not an appropriate place for this SOS :-)
I belive FreeBSD is the better OS for me but it sure is a lot harder to
set up than Linux  I'm concerned about stability and security for my
internet connections for me and my children.

Albert Stodolski
stodolsk@symbol.com