Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:21:12 -0800
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Newbie packages

"SILVER, MICHAEL A" wrote:

> I agree, what's the point of having everything divided among 'beginning',
> 'intermediate', etc.  Just label it with one of these tags.  I am a newbie,
> but perhaps not a much as others, how do I know to look at the intermediate
> list??  Should I read each list?  If I have to read each list, then why have
> some ports listed in each?

I'm going to do up a quick "dummy" category as if it were the finished
product, then post it here. Then we can see what the final thing will
look like (somewhat). A prototype, if you will. Then we can tweak it
into the format that works for most people. Give me some time getting
this together though... I see that there is interest, so at least I've
shot the arrow somewhere near the target :-)

David