Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integration of Net/OpenBSD code (was Re: your mail)

> Okay, I'll vote for PPC, based on nothing more than I have some G3
> and G4 powermacs (both at home and here at work).  I'll admit that
> isn't much of a market analysis...  :-)

As a side FYI- NetBSD also runs on the G4. So does YellowDog Linux.
I just made sure the Qlogic driver I have runs on the latter on a G4 (it
does). I have some pending patches for NetBSD in this area too.

This is one snappy little sucker- really *nice* mechanicals. But in terms of
what FreeBSD ought to port to for both it's current and future
customers? That's a stretch. The Apple folks might like us, but the sparc
server market is much more important.